Problem with audio/midi control

• Hello, I am new to this forum, and new to organs in general.
    I had installed GrandOrgue on my MacPro (2009, 12 cores, 24G RAM) and it was running fine. However, I could only get the audio to come out the headphone jack, not out USB and into my external DAC. The DAC works fine for other applications. I tried to add an output device in "Audio Output". Still no output to the DAC. So I deleted the default, original device. The application froze up, and I had to force quit.
    After restarting the computer, reinstalling GrandOrgue, cleaning all caches (using Onyx) I cannot launch the Audio/Midi Settings pane without the program freezing.
    Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED since I am dead in the water right now......

• Thank you Martin! It works again, but still can't get it to output via the DAC. At least the headphone out works now.
    Another newbie question: I have never played an actual pipe organ, so I don't know, but it seems like the delay between pressing a key and pipe sounding is excessive, even in high notes. Is this normal or is there some setting I'm missing?
    Thanks a million
    Dave