• Hi Mikelectric,

For personal purpose (memory limitation), I did a refactor of your Giga ODF in order to load St Maximin demo organ only.

I need a little bit work to finish it but it's working. As soon as possible, I will upload it to share.

Best regards,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello and welcome,

I'm very happy to hear that. I made the SP Giga ODF precisely so that other users could downsize it for their needs and learn something about GrandOrgue ODF in the process. I wish you a lot of fun and please upload it to the filebase so that others can also benefit from it.

Best regards Michael

• Hi Michael,

I will share my work in progress there : https://github.com/rousseldenis/g…initions/pull/1 in order to keep history of changes, eventual reviews, etc...

As I would probably do other ones (such as Prytanee one), do you know a tool that parse Hauptwerk xml definition and convert it to ODF? I found some tracks but nothing that convince me.

Regards,

PS: If you don't mind, I think doing this under AGPL license (as it includes all your requirements but allows to shorten the copyright header).

• Hi Michael,

I will share my work in progress there : https://github.com/rousseldenis/g…initions/pull/1 in order to keep history of changes, eventual reviews, etc...

As I would probably do other ones (such as Prytanee one), do you know a tool that parse Hauptwerk xml definition and convert it to ODF? I found some tracks but nothing that convince me.

Regards,

PS: If you don't mind, I think doing this under AGPL license (as it includes all your requirements but allows to shorten the copyright header).

Hi roussel2nis,

Is it OK if you share your ODFs in the Filebase?

Regards, MrFuzzywump

• Offizieller Beitrag

... do you know a tool that parse Hauptwerk xml definition and convert it to ODF?

Thank you for sharing.

I don't know any program to transfer Hauptwerk XML files. As far as I know, this would also violate the license rights of Hauptwerk or the sample set manufacturer.

The files of the SP Giga ODF are under the MIT license. The license must be retained even if changes are made. The license text in the program header does not require so much storage space.

Greetings Michael

• Thank you for sharing.

I don't know any program to transfer Hauptwerk XML files. As far as I know, this would also violate the license rights of Hauptwerk or the sample set manufacturer.

The files of the SP Giga ODF are under the MIT license. The license must be retained even if changes are made. The license text in the program header does not require so much storage space.

Greetings Michael

What I want to do is parsing xml Hauptwerk files to generate ODF one. Not to reveal xml content (even on demo ones). I think this is benefit even for sample manufacturer as more people would use (and buy) their work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What you may or may not do with the components of a software is regulated by the manufacturer's license. With my GrandOrgue ODFs I only ever played the sound data as it was installed for a sample set under Hauptwerk. The parsing of an XML file in order to generate another program from it is a process that may have to be assessed quite differently in terms of licensing law.

• What you may or may not do with the components of a software is regulated by the manufacturer's license. With my GrandOrgue ODFs I only ever played the sound data as it was installed for a sample set under Hauptwerk. The parsing of an XML file in order to generate another program from it is a process that may have to be assessed quite differently in terms of licensing law.

Yes indeed, that depends on licensing.

Extract from Sonus Paradisi website :

pasted-from-clipboard.png

So, I understand that unencrypted samples can be freely used elsewhere than Hauptwerk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In principle, no license can prohibit the use of unencrypted samples. It can only restrict public performance. But the parsing of an XML file to automatically create another software from it can be something different and forbidden, or not. Only the manufacturer can answer this question for you. For these reasons, it is possible that there is currently no program for parsing a HW file.

When it comes to sample sets from Sonus Paradisi, I can say from my own experience that Jiri Zurek is very open. Unfortunately, there are other manufacturers who hate GrandOrgue because they see it as competition and don't wish the users much good.

It is advisable to be careful and think carefully about what you are doing. If in doubt, it is better to use a lawyer. I had just decided to choose the secure variant without further processing data from HW XML files. Maybe that's an exaggeration.

• In principle, no license can prohibit the use of unencrypted samples. It can only restrict public performance. But the parsing of an XML file to automatically create another software from it can be something different and forbidden, or not. Only the manufacturer can answer this question for you. For these reasons, it is possible that there is currently no program for parsing a HW file.

When it comes to sample sets from Sonus Paradisi, I can say from my own experience that Jiri Zurek is very open. Unfortunately, there are other manufacturers who hate GrandOrgue because they see it as competition and don't wish the users much good.

It is advisable to be careful and think carefully about what you are doing. If in doubt, it is better to use a lawyer. I had just decided to choose the secure variant without further processing data from HW XML files. Maybe that's an exaggeration.

Yes, that's the problem with open source world. Usually, people understand that every thing that is open-source is concurrent because it's free. As a correct assertion should be open-source solution could complete their offer and attract more people. I see both worlds not as enemies but as team players.

For files, usually, reverse-engineering is forbidden when code is not readable (encrypted, compiled). I think if ODF files creation is allowed for samplesets by manufacturers, if directories and wav files are provided as xml ones, you can base your work either on wav as xml.