Posts by mick berg

Sorry to ask a Windows question on this forum but I am sticking with XP because it supports my old Edirol Midi interface and I don't want to buy Windows 10. But I can't see how to monitor memory usage in XP. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi.
    I have upgraded the CPU, motherboard and memory in my GO computer. All went well until I tried to increase the memory allowance (I now have 8 gig) and set it to 0 which I believe means unlimited. However it did not go well and now GO crashes.

How can I start GO without loading an organ so I can change the settings back?

I tried loading the demo organ but the memory setting must have stuck as this organ crashes as well.

Thanks,
    Mick

Hi Martin.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't see it sooner, I don't seem to be getting email notifications from this forum, which I will look into.

Mick

Hi Martin or anyone else who can answer;

I am thinking of trying GOLive and have a few questions.

1.Can I run it on a computer that has Windows already installed? As long as Windows doesn't start, can I safely just turn the computer on and off as you describe?

2.Can I run it on a computer that has GrandOrgue installed in Windows?

3.In the bootable USB stick install, what about other software? I like to run KXProject for audio, would I still be able to do that? (there is a Linux version of KX)

4. You say the MIDI is not implemented in GO Live. I don't understand this, it's useless without MIDI. Can you clarify?

5. Is there detailed documentation for GOLive anywhere? I'm not finding any.

Thanks,
    Mick

Hi Pneuma

This certainly sounds very good. I'm wondering if one can load and play the same organ twice, to give a better ensemble sound. I run GO on Windows XP with only 2gb RAM so I can't try it right now, but I plan to upgrade to a better computer (and maybe run GOLive or even a full Linux platform)

BTW I also listen to the organ on headphones (Sony MDR-V6). I have put a couple of Bass Shakers (affectionately known as Butt Shakers) in my bench. It adds a great effect to the low notes. Try it!

Cheers,
    Mick

Hi.
    My name is Mick Berg and I have just joined this new forum. I was active on the Magle forum and engaged in a lot of discussion with Martin.
    I have a nice instrument built into a Klann drawknob console. Details are on my website at http://www.mickberg.com.
    All the best to everyone,
    Mick Berg