Beiträge von ClarkeBrunt

Strange, I can't find any connection for Hw to Rp or vice versa!? Did you accidentally pair both manuals with the same keyboard? I put all three manuals on the same one because I only have one USB keyboard connected anyway. A three-manual midi console is too expensive for me, so I'd rather go to church. But it's perfect for practicing something manually or playing a find on imslp...

I agree that your keyboard mapping must be wrong. I think that you must have mapped your actual keyboard to both the short-octave and modern layout manuals. Just map to the modern layout, and delete any other mappings.

Sorry writing in English. I use Linux Ubuntu Studio. I think that 'memory' shown in "System Monitor" fails to include memory for samples - maybe because the cache file is 'mapped' to memory (?). Other tools (such as 'ps') do include this. I most often run the Friesach organ - it just fits in 16GB with full 24-bit sample size, and lossless compression enabled.

There is no way that Friesach (and 3 other organs at the same time) can fit in 3.2GB unless the memory used by the samples is somehow ignored (even at 16-bit sample size).

Sorry writing in English - I used 'translate' on the German.

I have been running a GO organ for about 2 months - a old console converted to MIDI (by https://www.nottinghammidiorgans.co.uk/ ).

It was supplied with a 2nd hand computer - nothing very powerful:

Dell Optiplex 7010 (SFF - small form factor)

i3-3240 @ 3.40 GHz

16GB RAM

480GB SSD disk

Hannspree HT 161 HNB Touch Monitor 1366x758 (quite small, but fits the space at left of the console).

Sound output is USB to a Behringer u-phoria umc404hd, with two speakers and a sub-woofer.

With 16GB RAM, I can load e.g. the Friesach organ, which takes up nearly all the RAM.

The computer was supplied with Windows 10, but I didn't like endless Microsoft prompts about updates, virus updates, etc. so I swapped the operating system to Ubuntu Studio. My first experience of a Linux desktop environment, but everything worked well.

So, in summary, you don't need the most powerful computer available, but get more RAM if you want to install larger organs. Friesach is plenty large-enough for me!

Hello all. My first post on here. Sorry for writing in English in a mainly German thread. I've read the previous posts using translate.

I've recently been participating in the GrandOrgue forum on Github, so saw that Haralder (I guess) had mentioned the Niederzwehren set over there. I'm enjoying playing this sample set.

I mentioned on Github that the ODF ideally should have GCState=-1 added in a few places (as also discussed in this thread). Perhaps set author (?) Theoderich is interested too.

GCState specifies what a stop/coupler/etc should do when General Cancel is pressed. -1 means do nothing (leave the setting as it is). The on-screen console of this organ doesn't have a General Cancel, but you can access one in GO's Combination Setter panel, and couple it to some button on your console if you want. If you press General Cancel, then the Key action noises are turned off, and the coupler manual is decoupled. There is no obvious way to turn these back on again (other than find them in the Midi objects menu, and trigger them on). If you 'save' the organ with them turned off, then they will stay turned off.

Perhaps the easiest way to find the 8 places in the ODF to add GCState=-1 is to search for 'DefaultToEngaged=Y' - that is the stops/couplers which are turned on by default. Add GCState=-1 in 8 places (anywhere in the section). Section 'Windmaschine' already has the correct setting, so isn't turned off by GC.

And - nothing to do with the General Cancel issue, but just to say in English: the bottom manual is a coupling manual, intended to be permanently coupled to the other two manuals. As I only have a two manual console, I have connected my keyboards to the top two manuals, and don't use the coupling manual. If I want to couple the manuals, I can use GO's Couplers panel.