Beiträge von marcel70

Hi Canticus,

Thank you very much for your response. I can read German. But for writing I prefer English.

The problem I refer to, is occurring for all the pipes (not just single ones).

First I checked the for the problematic organ definitions that I mentioned above, on the presence of "HarmonicNumber".

• Rotterdam_Marcussen_demo_3Man.organ: no HarmonicNumber
    • Rotterdam Demo 2 manual.organ: all HarmonicNumber=8
    • GO(1280x800) Rotterdam-Marcussen-demo.organ: no HarmonicNumber
    • cean rotterdam.organ: all HarmonicNumber=8
    • Utrecht Demo.organ: all HarmonicNumber=8

With your explanation, it makes sense that something goes wrong for these definitions.

The well-working definitions I mentioned, do have correct HarmonicNumber lines, with exception of burea_church_extAGO.organ. I double checked on the problem with burea and found interesting conclusion: some stops do work correct with changed temperament, and some don't. I do not understand why some do work, but I would like to focus on the progress that I made with Rotterdam_Marcussen_demo_3Man.organ:

As proposed by you, I added HarmonicNumber=XX, in [StopXXX] sections

But not in [StopXXX] sections with NumberOfRanks=X (to avoid warnings).

And in addition I added HarmonicNumber=XX, in [RankXXX] sections.

Now temperament changes work for all stops :) with exception of "Mixtuur 6-8 st." and "Scherp 6-8 st.". You mentioned that I should define HarmonicNumber per octave. Here I am not sure what to do. Should I put the HarmonicNumber between Pipe012... and Pipe013..., between Pipe024... and Pipe025..., . . .?

I did see in some definitions PipeXXXHarmonicNumber at each pipe. That approach is a lot of work.

Do you have another hint for me or an small piece of example code?

Hello all,

I wanted to try a different temperament in GrandOrgue. After selecting one in the menu, all stops (16', 8', 4', 2', 1', 2 2/3', ...) sounded like 8'. :(

I tested some more organs. The problem occurred for:

• Rotterdam_Marcussen_demo_3Man.organ
    • Rotterdam Demo 2 manual.organ
    • GO(1280x800) Rotterdam-Marcussen-demo.organ
    • cean rotterdam.organ
    • Utrecht Demo.organ

For these organs, there is no problem with changing the temperament:

• Caen_Demo_v.2.5.organ
    • burea_church_extAGO.organ
    • FranzBarockorgel.organ
    • Friesach.organ

Is this a known issue? Is it possible to correct the organ definition? Or is it related to the samples?

Hello all,

I am busy to reinstall my GO samples to make efficient use of my SSD space. This a good moment to optimize the "Initial MIDI Configuration" of GO for my setup.

I found out that "Metronome Measure -" and "Metronome Measure +" have opposite effect as expected. This seems a small bug.

Further I was looking for "Sequencer 000", "Sequencer -100" and "Sequencer +100" but unfortunately, these are missing in the list. Is it possible to add some lines to the config file myself? Or is an update of the GO software needed?

Best regards,

Marcel

Hello all,

I use GrandOrgue on linux Debian 10.

Since a few days I have problems with updating packages. When I try to reinstall the key, this is what I get:

Code
    $ sudo wget -nv https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:e9925248:grandorgue/Debian_10/Release.key -O "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home:e9925248:grandorgue.asc"
    [sudo] password for marcel:
    2020-06-17 21:54:19 URL:https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/e9925248:/grandorgue/Debian_10/Release.key [1101/1101] -> "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home:e9925248:grandorgue.asc" [1]
    $ sudo apt-get update
    Hit:2 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/e9925248:/grandorgue/Debian_10  InRelease
    Err:2 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/e9925248:/grandorgue/Debian_10  InRelease
    The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 3536C1B64FC39E69 home:e9925248 OBS Project <home:e9925248@build.opensuse.org>

Maybe the release key is out of date.

Best regards,

Marcel

Ich benutze Debian 9 (Stretch) und ein Acer Touchscreen T232H. Manchmal als GO langere Zeit (? mehr als 60 minuten?) activ ist dann habe ich auch das Problem das ich mit 'ein Touch' kein Register ändern kann. Jedoch man kann die Register ändern mit 'eine Swipe' (start neben den Register, bewege der Finger über das Register). Wenn ich (nur!) GO stop und neu start dann ist das Problem gelöst.

Hallo Oliver,

Danke für die schönen Composit-Sets!
    Außer MenesterolExt habe ich sie alle ausprobiert auf mein Linux-Computer.
    Das geht sehr gut mit nur einer kleinen Anpassung:
    In oco150_AmeMod_v101.organ, ersetz alle "002058\pipesGreat" durch "002058\pipesgreat".

Im Anhang mein Update v102.

- entschuldige mich für mein Deutsch -

Gruß,
    Marcel

The locale output of 14.07 was including "my solution" (that is with LC_ALL="en_GB.utf8" added to /etc/environment).
    Today I removed the definition from /etc/environment, rebooted and listed again:

Debian 9, output of "locale":
    locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
    LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
    LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
    LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY=en_NL.UTF-8
    LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

The message "locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to ..." was NOT shown in Debian 8.

I did also check starting GO. It does give again warning "Cannot set locale to language "English".
    After clicking OK, GO does start up normally.

Regards,
    Marcel

Hi Martin,

Let me first state that I have little knowledge about the locale.
    So I didn't know the old Debian 8 settings. But, I do have a "shadow partition" on my computer that I sometimes use to test some software. And, because I did not upgrade it, it is still Debian 8.

Debian 8, output of "locale":
    LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

Debian 9, output of "locale":
    LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_TIME="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_PAPER="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_NAME="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.utf8"
    LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8

Debian 8, output of "locale -a":
    C
    C.UTF-8
    en_GB.utf8
    POSIX

Debian 9, output of "locale -a":
    C
    C.UTF-8
    dutch
    en_GB
    en_GB.iso88591
    en_GB.utf8
    en_US
    en_US.iso88591
    en_US.utf8
    nl_NL
    nl_NL.iso88591
    nl_NL.utf8
    POSIX

Interesting to see that in Debian 8 LC_ALL was empty too. And it did not gave the warnings. In Debian 9, I gave LC_ALL a value to solve the warning.
    Note: the list in locale -a is longer for Debian 9 because I added some languages in an attempt to solve the warnings. But it did not help.

-----------

I double checked installed packages.
    In Debian 8, grandorue, grandorgue-demo and grandorgue-resources are all: 0.3.1.2232-195.1
    In Debian 9, grandorue, grandorgue-demo and grandorgue-resources are all: 0.3.1.2232-144.1
    Note: after upgrading to Debian 9, I removed all GO packages and the reference to the repository. This makes it unlikely that I reinstalled files meant for Debian 8.

Regards,
    Marcel

Hi Martin, all,

I upgraded my PC to Debian 9 yesterday. After that, I tried to upgrade GO, but without success. Then I completely removed GO from my computer and did a fresh install. This worked OK. :)

Starting the new version of GO gave me a warning "Cannot set locale to language "English".". I tried several solutions found on the internet. Adding LC_ALL="en_GB.utf8" to /etc/environment helped me to get rid of the warnings.
    (See https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1720356 )

So GO is running fine now on Debian 9. :-organ:

Regards,
    Marcel

Hello all,

I am using GO for a few years now. I like it very much.
    The software is installed on my Linux computer running Debian 8.

Three weeks ago, the new stable Debian 9 was released. I would like to install it, but on
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/h…48:/grandorgue/
    there is only a GO-version for Debian 8.
    Did any GO-user upgrade his/hers computer to Debian 9?
    Does anyone know if a Debian 9 version of GO is coming soon?

Note: I foresee dependency issues with packages libwxbase3.0-0 and libwxgtk3.0-0 because they are replaced by libwxbase3.0-0v5 and libwxgtk3.0-0v5 in Debian 9.

Thanks for your help,
    Marcel