Rotterdam Laurenskerk main organ possible for GO?

• Hello all,

I have tried finding information if Laurenskerk main organ surround/wet version could be used in GrandOrgue with suitable ODF made? I understand the Sonus Paradisi sampleset is unencrypted, so is there some technical problem that prevents making it to work in GO? Could only find Dry version ODF (+wet demo version).

// Jari

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Jari,

the Rotterdam Laurenskerk main organ wet set is not encrypted. I made the GrandOrgue ODF for the dry version and originally wanted to make an ODF for wet at some point. But since there are now good free sets for GrandOrgue, I didn't do it. But you are welcome to take the Dry-ODF and convert it yourself. With the demo wet ODF you can see how this basically works. Of course it's a lot of work.

Best regards Michael

• Hello Michael,

Thanks for the clear answer. I had actually noticed your message about your plans to make wet version ODF and then as the thread stopped at some point it made me wonder if you faced some technical obstacle. I really like the Rotterdam sample set by SonusParadisi and it is currently my only reason why I would consider moving to Hauptwerk. Other than that I am just happy with what GrandOrgue offers (running it in Linux Mint which works really well). I might actually consider your proposal, but it will not happen very soon anyway, as I may not have enough time yet.

I will first go to Caen wet full version, which is also my favorite and ODF is readily available.

Best Regards,

// Jari

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JariO (9. Mai 2021 um 10:42) aus folgendem Grund: Adding one missing word

• I couldn't use this odf (the DEmo-Organ). In which folder i should copy this file?

Many thanks for your answer

• Please can you help me with some instruction on how to use the ODF file (the extension in the zip happens to be ".odp") with the rar files downloaded from Sonus Paradisi? A link to some existing instructions would be very welcome. TIA