Neuer Billerbeck-Rotterdam-Filebase-Upload

• Obwohl ich eine Zeit lang im Forum abwesend war, wollte ich einen Beitrag zur Filebase veröffentlichen.

Jemand – mir noch unbekannt – hat ein wunderbares Composit-Sample-Set für GrandOrgue mit dem Namen „Billerbeck-Rotterdam“ geteilt.

Ich habe große Anstrengungen unternommen, um die Registerbezeichnungen besser lesbar zu machen, und habe einiges an den verschiedenen Registern vorgenommen, damit das Composit in den beiden Demo-Ressourcen besser klingt.

„Billerbeck-Rotterdam“ verwendet das gleiche Format wie Michaels SP-GIGA, das offenbar nicht mehr verwendet wird, da sich die Demo-Ränge von Sonusparadisi geändert haben und das alte ODF bei Ladeversuchen stolpern wird. Es gab auch große Abstimmungsprobleme zwischen den Demo-Sets.

„Billerbeck-Rotterdam“, wie ich es in die Filebase hochgeladen habe, muss als „Originaltemperatur“ geladen werden, da die zugehörige Einstellungsdatei für diese Temperatur erstellt wurde. Sie sollten die Datei „.organ“ laden und anschließend die Einstellungen importieren, um sie erneut zu laden. Anschließend müssen Sie Ihre MIDI-Parameter zurücksetzen und wahrscheinlich die Kombinationen löschen.

Auf meinem mit 32 GB ausgestatteten LINUX-Computer hielt ich es für notwendig, das Composit mit 16 Bit (Polyphase) und „Single Release“ zu laden. Bei mir liegt das daran, dass ich auch „Caen-Rotterdam 3“ bei 20-bit Polyphase mit allen Releases in einem angrenzenden Workspace geladen habe. „Billerbeck-Rotterdam“ ist sehr erinnerungshungrig!

Nochmals vielen Dank an den Mystery-Creator von Billerbeck-Rotterdam – und vielen Dank an Michael Schmidt für das Original-SP-GIGA, das den Rahmen für dieses neue Composit zu bilden scheint.

• P.S. The "WIND" feature in SP-Giga and in the new Billerbeck-Rotterdam can be a challenge for MIDI Control, but I wish the "Control Panel" with "Wind" were available for all Sample Sets. The challenge is solvable with adding a MIDI control which toggles (reversible).

• Hier ist eine spätere „.organ“-Datei von Billerbeck-Rotterdam, in der die Stimmzungenregister in Dunkelrot beschriftet sind. In den Einstellungen wurden auch einige Optimierungskorrekturen vorgenommen, aber ich überlasse diese Änderungen den Vorlieben der Forumsmitglieder.

Für diejenigen Benutzer, die über ein drittes Tastaturmanual verfügen, wird die Gruppierung der leistungsstarken Stimmzungen im dritten Manual sehr zu schätzen wissen.

Billerbeck Rotterdam 3.organ.zip

• Hi. Thanks for your appreciation and editing of my composite.

A little bit about myself - I was a church pianist and organist for over 20 years in Canada before churches starting eliminating - that is, physically removing the organ and piano from the local churches and replacing them with band - guitar/drums. I am not particularly interested in classical music but enjoy writing my own arrangements of hymns and modern Christian music on the piano and organ. I find some solace in continuing my ministry on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnWmciNdR2_A8kb1aXV-rYw

I have created several other composites and will be at work gradually making more as my budget for organs is at present not very high. So thanks to all members who are creating GrandOrgue ODF's - much appreciated to avoid having to purchase Hauptwerk, and thanks to the original maker of the SP-GIGA framework 5 manual layout. I have just uploaded a Goch, Duren, Erfurt composite, and have created several others. The process is very concentration intensive but creates an interesting outcome. I hope to share more in the future.

I do not understand the problem with the .cmb file that you are mentioning. Should I be setting up the composites differently before I share them? Thanks for any advice.

• Greetings!

Upon visiting your GrandPraise Channel on YOUTUBE it appears that your name is Paul MacKenzie and that you are from the province of Ontario. Correct? I was raised in Philadelphia and New York before migrating to the Western USA and I now live in the area of Prescott, Arizona. Much of my family still resides upstate New York in the Adirondack Region. My Uncle became a Canadian citizen and spent his final years in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I go by several aliases - particularly on Facebook, Youtube and here on the Forum where I am known as PNEUMA. Louie Patucci is another of my aliases. We apparently have much in common - most importantly our faith in our LORD Jesus! I too am saddened by the departure from the use of Piano and Organ in our local churches. While there are a fair number of more modern hymns of good quality, unfortunately all too many are overly repetitive and lack melodic variation. Often they seem overwhelmingly more about SELF and less about worship and praise. I was brought up on a rich diet of exalted hymns and my dear Mother was a pianist of concert quality having studied at the Philadelphia Conservatory. She tried to get me to learn keyboard but I fought off the drills and resisted the effort to learn to read music at any practical level. However, I "play by ear", mostly on the black keys and can recall and play almost any hymn tune I've ever heard. So - my enjoyment of the (Virtual) Pipe Organ is putting on my high-end Studio Headphones and playing the old-time hymns with the lyrics in front of me.

Now - as to the topic at hand and your closing question:

I think your use of the old SP-GIGA format is an extremely wise move. The color-coding of the stop outlines as connected to the particular resource set, the multiplicity of the Divisions, etc., make for a standardized, understandable console layout. Also, PLEASE do not give up the Control Panel feature with the ability via MIDI to turn the "WIND" On or Off.

The latest triple Composit of yours has been downloaded and I will give it a spin later today and share with you my reactions and thoughts.

There is no "problem" with the .cmb file. It is simply the fact that some "out-of-the-box" ODF's need some tweaking to the organ settings after the first load and those efforts should be shared with others. For example your "VOX Celeste" needed about 500 cents tuning adjustment - no big deal.

Finally - please feel free to email me directly - pneuma@windmountain.org - my cell phone is 360-904-3257. You would have my assurance of complete privacy if I were to receive an email from you. I hate Spam!

I would be happy (at 83 years of age) to assist in any way helping you. For many years I was the CEO of a MIDI Products company dealing with retrofit of Pipe and Electronic Organs and have extensive technical knowledge as a result. At present I am trying to get my Grandson involved in GrandOrgue. He is an outstanding pianist and writes wonderful improvisations, often for his local church (Calvary Chapel).

I have several RUMBLE video channels, none of which are searchable, and will share them in a future note.

Thanks again and Blessings, from Prescott.

Dave Gorgas (PNEUMA)

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for your detailed friendly note. So nice of you to be interested in connecting.

Yes, I am using a Pseudonym on this website which is based upon my old email address of "willymcnilly@gmail.com"

which I would use for more anonymous communication. I am not a big "forum user" and do not want to be a regular poster on any forums. I have many other hobbies, interests/family commitments and cannot be always trying to connect online but I occasionally can.

It is nice meeting a Christian who believes in Jesus, on this board and somebody that shares similar interests. That's just lovely. It has been a lonely, lonely place to be in (musically speaking) since I left the church where I was a pianist for many years (I left the church for various reasons). I would love to collaborate with other musicians who have similar abilities/interests to create worship music for the Lord. But, I have not played in churches for 10 years now. Having started playing piano at age 5, I was involved in church from age 10. Diane Bish, The Billy Graham pianists/organists such as John Innes, Bill Fasig, Don Husted, Tedd Smith were inspirations to me. I recently (before Covid) was attending the Baptist church where I grew up playing piano/organ, but they have disposed of the organ and would not accept my donation to have the piano properly tuned and repaired.

It remains a tremendous frustration to me that the church is not interested any more in the "ministry of music". No longer are soloists, vocalists, instrumentalists used in hardly any of the churches that I've attended in Ontario - I've visited many, many churches. Just guitar/drums. Many of the older parishioners are always saying that they would like to hear piano/organ but the choice is not in their hands anymore - it's in those who run the church.

As a pianist I would accompany vocalists, instrumentalists, present organ/piano concerts with organist friends, accompany choir, accompany small singing groups, and I also did play in a band that would perform monthly. I would also play the organ about once a month myself, presenting offertories, communion music, hymn accompaniment for the congregation, postludes etc.

The church now appears to be very boxed in, in the way they think about music these days - wanting to connect with the culture. Worship to God should not be so limited! I'm not sure the reason for the disposal of the organ - is that discussed on this board? I've been following Paul Fey, Richard McVeigh online, it seems it's still appreciated in Europe! Hopefully these Hauptwerk/Grandorgue Organs will inspire an interest/revival? in the instrument?

As a career, I am very busy as a family dentist in Kitchener Ontario. I can afford, if necessary to purchase organs, but prefer to limit my hobby spending, due to many other financial/family spending commitments.

It seems like you are a nice friendly guy. Thank you so much for communicating and thanks for the suggestions and improvements on the composites. I'll have to investigate about the wind noise etc. I am not bothered if there is no blower, stop noise, key noise etc. and am happy to listen to the organ playing as if I were listening at a great distance within the cathedral. Is there a way to add a fake blower noise to the organs? I will have to study your posts about this, I'm still confused about your concerns on this. That's interesting about the Voix Celeste as the code for that was taken from the Billerbeck 6ch ODF - I did not alter any tuning on this stop. But thanks for your investigation on this.

You're very gifted to be able to play by ear! Playing by ear is something I cannot do, but I enjoy experimenting with harmonies, key changes and building the development of the melodic ideas of hymns. Writing piano/organ duets is very complex and challenging which I enjoy. My favourite kind of music is movie music, I very rarely listen to classical. Movie music is much more emotional, bombastic and exciting to me - music of John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner etc. etc. So my approach to organ playing/arranging is more orchestral in its thought process I suppose. Anyway so nice talking to you, let's keep connected that's for sure!

Paul.