where do you live?

• I live in extreme southwestern Oklahoma in a small town called Martha.
    I am a retired pipe organ builder -- got interested in Grand Orgue, as well as Hauptwerk, for purpose of having an organ in my home -- no room for pipes. Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone about GO. I purchased Hauptwerk, found it wouldn't work on LinuxMint, so have abandoned it, in favor of GO.

• Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone about GO. I purchased Hauptwerk, found it wouldn't work on LinuxMint, so have abandoned it, in favor of GO.

If you want a ready to use GO solution:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ourorgan/files/GOLive/

There are no LinuxMint packages of GO. As far as I know, each LinuxMint release is based on a specifc Ubuntu/Debian version - the GO packages for that Debian/Ubuntu release should work on that LinuxMint release too.
    If you want clean GO packages, you can grab any of my Debian/Ubuntu source package and recompile them on your distribution [dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot]

• I live in extreme southwestern Oklahoma in a small town called Martha.
    I am a retired pipe organ builder -- got interested in Grand Orgue, as well as Hauptwerk, for purpose of having an organ in my home -- no room for pipes. Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone about GO. I purchased Hauptwerk, found it wouldn't work on LinuxMint, so have abandoned it, in favor of GO.

I have LINUX MINT 17.3 and have followed Martin's instructions and the Grand Orgue software works very well. My computer is a 4-core INTEL with 8GB DRAM.

FYI - We are planning on releasing a circuit board which will greatly expand the spatial breadth and tapestry of Grand Orgue, expecting it to be ready by the end of this Spring.

• I am using Linux Mint 17.3, 64 bit -- and have gotten G O to work very well on it, and without all the hazards of Microsoft.
    I've a computer engineer friend in Seattle who re-compiled the whole shebang to work on LM - and I like it quite well.
    Which is the reason I have given up on my copy of Hauptwerk.
    Right now, I am attempting to learn the procedure for making organ sets, in order to put the samples of the organ I play each Sunday, a 4m AEolian-Skinner, into an organ set which I may install in my 4 manual console for my home.
    This is quite an uphill struggle, and I am searching all the info on doing this. Any suggestions are welcome.