software to do pipe tuning

• Hi,

I'm building my own custom samplesets, and I want to transpose a complete rank from 8' to 4'.
    Of course I can do this in the GO organ definition, but I want to do this in the .wav files.

I have tried several programs, but I found out that when I do this some other neccesary information like loops etc are then lost.

What would be the best software to do this without loosing the other information from the wav file?

Thanks,
    Edward

• A legal note: Modifing the WAV file will create a derived work, which requires permission of the sampleset creator.
    While some free samplesets allow it (eg. if they use the CC BY-SA or other CC variants without the NoDerivatives option), commerical samplesets will very likely forbid this.

The recommended solution is to keep the samples "original", as repitching is not lossless and repeated repitching can introduce sound artifacts [GO always repitched the samples during playback].

The programm would need to adapt the sample meta-data, as retuning change the pitch and position of the loops.

• The program would need to adapt the sample meta-data, as retuning change the pitch and position of the loops.

Yes, that's right. There is no way to pitch samples without loosing the meta-data in the chunck of the .wav-file. You could use SoundForge to pitch them with the 'pitchshift' option, setting the semitones to +12 (one octave higher). This process also could be done in batch.

Kind regards, Danny