Skinner, op. 497 DEMO GO

• ahall41

Thank you for your (no doubt!) painstaking work to create the ODF for the SKINNER Opus 497. I downloaded your ODF and the huge amount of files from SONUSPARADISI. The organ took like what seemed like forever for the first-time load and the cache-creation was also very time-consuming.

Frankly, I was expecting an organ sound of very high quality, but was greatly disappointed - and this is related only to the Sample Set itself - not your very fine ODF. I believe the "Redeemer Church - New Haven Surround" is a far better sounding SKINNER Sample Set.

I still count myself blessed with a large composite Sample Set "S-P Giga". Sadly, after all the hard work MIKELECTRIC did in creating it, our current users who try to get it going now can't do so because SONUSPARADISI's demo set(s) have been changed with new rank folder numbers. Fortunately in my case I long ago had downloaded all the appropriate demo sets for the original S-P Giga compatibility. I still had to do a lot of work both in the ODF and in Organ Settings (rank and note volume settings and detailed tunings which in some cases involved the entire pipe rank complement, note-by-note). Some stops were even eliminated by me and as a result my S-P Giga now has 29 vacant stop tab buttons. It has been way back but I think I inserted dummy.wav entries for removed stops and did some renaming of the stop tab buttons.

Since using S-P Giga as my primary instrument, I have been opening simultaneously in separate workspaces the New Haven Surround SKINNER and the stand-alone Utrecht Demo. I especially like the added reeds and Celeste in New Haven and the rich tremulants of the Utrecht Demo - Vox Humana and Carillon stops in particular.

I think it would be wonderful if I had the time and skill to take the best of New Haven and Utrecht and insert them into the S-P Giga empty stop spaces. Wow!

Finally - I am not an organist - just an old geezer who plays hymns by ear. I do however, consider myself quite good at setting up registrations and organists who have heard my registration-creations have attested to that. An American Organist Tom Hazelton had the philosophy that if a registration pleases large numbers of listeners that's all that counts and we can skip the rigid adherence to rules of registration.

Thanks again for your work.

Blessings from Arizona!

• I made an composite odf for the Skinner Op 497 (SP) and the Aeolian-Skinner Organ ( Op 1132) of the Redeemer church of New Haven. Unfortunately, it is not quite finished yet, as there are still quite a lot of adjustments to be made. But by and large it is already playable. For further work, however, I lack the time (and the desire). If it should be of general interest, then I can upload the odf.

Hierunda male in george liste in evoltat